With ever-evolving learning needs, Augmented Reality (AR) is touted as powerful LMS technology for incredible training delivery. With the advent of Pokémon Go, AR technology hailed as a viable solution to train modern workforce more effectively. AR is completely revolutionizing the ways how retail, aviation, and other industries deliver training programs. It provides an interactive experience from creating a gaming environment to product demos and much more.
With technological advancement, most of the organizations leverage the benefits of the latest LMS technology, such as AR to get the most out of their workforce. The hands-on experience that AR offers to learners results in improved engagement and retention levels. Furthermore, modern LMSs support this technology to save training time and costs to boost overall business productivity, workforce performance, and ROIs. Significant use cases of AR technology to adequately train the new-age learners include:
● The robust technology delivers on job training in a more interactive and convenient way. It creates an immersive environment by allowing learners to experience the situation, rather than just passive learning. So, this leads to optimal engagement, knowledge retention, and higher performance levels.
● Companies such as Retail adopt AR technology to market products through custom mobile learning apps. For this, retail salesforce can easily play an augmented video to showcase the benefits of their products to the customers. As a result, this fosters customer relations, as well as the company’s brand value, reach, and overall growth.
● Through AR technology, companies such as automotive can train their internal as well as remote workforce. Consequently, no matter where employees are located, then get a realistic feel of training programs, thereby making learning more accessible for a globally dispersed workforce.
● Modern LMSs support this technology to encourage peer-to-peer collaboration for impactful workplace experience. As employees experience the same thing within the same environment, they leverage ample opportunities to learn from experts, share new ideas, improve relationships within the organization, and more.
● Even the healthcare industry utilized this latest LMS technology to train surgeons and clinicians about newly launched drugs, medical procedures, and more. The highly engaging AR-enabled training modules engage doctors and surgeons about optimum patient safety even in critical health conditions. The industry adopts a simulated learning approach to present realistic medical scenarios and how to apply knowledge to real-life situations effectively.
In today’s digital era, the effectiveness of corporate training through AR technology is highly dependent on the adoption of personalized mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. As per Juniper Research, enterprises invested $247 million in AR-based technology and mobile apps in 2014. By 2019, it is expected that the revenues will rise to $24 billion. [Source: searchmobilecomputing.techtarget.com/news/450402243/Augmented-reality-technology-still-experimental-in-the-enterprise]. The AR-based LMS technology utilizes the natural environment and enhances the experience by adding virtual content to set a connection between the virtual and real world. This innovative technology provides a gamut of benefits from simple text-based instructions to complex step-by-step information. Indeed, AR is setting huge strides across multiple industries right from healthcare and aviation to the retail, education, and other sectors. For modern corporates looking for the next level of training, AR will undoubtedly set itself as the technology of choice in the future.