Today, e-learning authoring tools are playing a significant role in the development of training courseware. With the continuous evolution of the training and development industry, the scope of using rapid authoring tools is also increasing. With evolving learning needs, it is crucial to repurpose the training content and update learners with the latest information.
Organizations use e-learning authoring tools as per the custom learning styles, training platforms, training standards, and workflows. So, it is crucial for organizations to select the right kind of tool which improves the overall effectiveness of the training program. Several organizations consider the utilization of authoring tools as a required industry standard. There is a myriad of benefits of rapid e learning tools for content development. These include:
● Reducing costs
Authoring tools incorporated within a training platform helps to mitigate the overall costs of using additional software and media elements. Consequently, these tools help to create visually-appealing and engaging bite-sized content, which is easier to access and quick to digest.
● Multi-device delivery
The new-age learners want to undergo training anytime, anywhere, and on any mobile device. HTML5-based training courses are compatible with multiple devices such as laptops, tablets, smartphones, and others. E-learning authoring tools help to design and update information as per the personalized learning needs of all.
● Improving learner performance
SCORM compliant authoring tools aid to store data in an elearning system, thereby enabling managers to analyze employee data. Various aspects including engagement level, training scores, time spent on training modules, retention, and others evaluate learners’ performance.
There are ample options available when it comes to using e-learning authoring tools tailored to the needs of modern learners. Some of these include:
● Articulate Storyline 2 – The tool provides a custom workspace with built-in templates to create highly engaging courses as per the bespoke needs of all. Storyline creates Flash and HTML5-based courses, easily accessible on tablets and smartphones (both Android and iOS). It allows end-user interactivity through the use of triggers that fire on tapping or clicking the screen object.
● Adobe Captivate 9 – The tool allows embedding interactive elements with e-courses and publishing them desktops and mobile devices. Captivate provides full support for HTML 5 and personalized mobile themes, including other features like Scripting capability, multi-state objects, motion paths, Accelerometer based interactions, high effects, and more.
● Composica – It is a SCORM compliant authoring tool used to create highly interactive learning courses. Subject matter experts, authors, designers, and reviewers can collaborate, no matter where they are. Composica is also a powerful project management tool using which users can access any project via a web browser and simultaneously interact in real-time with their peers.
● Shift – It supports both HTML5 and Flash-based courses, adjustable to any screen size and aspect ratio of a mobile device. A plethora of features supported by Shift includes Avatars to sync with audio, 2D simulation creator, gaming templates, and graphics library.
E-Learning authoring tools are keeping up with the immense popularity and need for engaging e-learning content. The use of the right authoring tool boost engagement with uniquely designed e-courses and overall effectiveness of training. While e-learning authoring tools provide lucrative outcomes, choosing the right one per the requirements is a crucial decision. So, before selecting these tools, you should explore well about learning platforms and which one will perfectly cater to the diverse organizational objectives.