Education sector in India is vast and is growing at a very steady pace. From ancient times the education sector has been given an utmost significance for the growth of the nation and the people, which keep on changing from time to time. In the past, traditional courses and subjects were considered best by prospective students, but now times have changed. Students are now looking for more options and developing a modern outlook to education.
E-Learning is transforming education sector in a very innovative manner. The widening of courses and the changing trends in education sector has formed a broader choice for students to decide their career as per their competence and skill. Benefits of having such varied courses are not restricted to students, but are also beneficial for colleges, educational bodies, corporate and the nation at large. Any age group can get the best benefit of e-learning and excel in their chosen career path. The presence of an instructor is not required and learners can decide their own time and venue for learning. This provides a great amount of flexibility for the learner, allowing learning to fit in within their busy lives.
In the absence of an instructor, it is important for e-learning to be impactful, yet engaging. This is achieved by infusing e-learning courses with attractive visuals, audio and other multimedia elements including simulations and animations. The use of such innovative techniques to garner learner interest creates an indelible impression in the minds of the learners and helps them retain more as well as apply more.
For the corporate sector, where training and learning are an integral part, e-learning has been immensely successful in creating a strong foothold.
- With growing numbers, congregating employees from different offices for trainings is a logistical nightmare – consuming unnecessary time, moneys and effort. With technology-aided learning, learners can learn as per their schedules and availability, helping them utilize their time better.
- Moreover, innovative methodologies like simulations and serious gaming can kindle learner interest, providing opportunity to ‘do and learn’. The opportunity to practice and hone skills not only ensures greater productivity and quality of work, but infuses a sense of confidence in the learner, which helps them achieve overall excellence.
- Keeping pace with the growth of technology, e-learning has transformed within the last few years to cater to the needs of modern learners. Newer methodologies like simulation-based and game-based learning have been very successful in imparting application-based knowledge.
- For instance, to suit the needs of the sales team of a leading FMCG company in India, we conceptualized, created and deployed an IVR (Interactive Voice Response) based LMS. Interactive voice response (IVR) is a technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and DTMF (Dual Tone Multi-frequency) tones input via keypad. The IVR-based system was a novel experience for the sales team which created a way to continuously learn and assess even from remote locations where internet connectivity or access to computers is limited. Technology-aided platform was new to them, but since all that they needed to do was call a toll-free number, learning solution was hugely popular.
- G-Cube also implemented a nation-wide LMS for skill development of Government employees under Digital India. Digital India is an ambitious government approved program to ‘transform India into a digitally Empowered society and Knowledge economy’. The project aims to ensure access, reach, scalability and flexibility of learning across India for Govt. officials. G-Cube’s WiZDOM LMS allows continuous learning, driven by role-based knowledge and skills. The key elements of this contract include Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance of the learning portal. An LMS solution is implemented based on managed cloud based hosting model over a dedicated instance. E-governance practitioners will get an understanding of the skills and knowledge needed for their job and where they are exactly on a training track. The LMS is an one-stop solution for a variety of content – e-Governance related topics, e-Reading material, PPTs, Assignments, Videos, Games, Quizzes, Blended learning content and so on. It is a multi-user platform for learners/trainees, mentors, teachers as well as administration. The LMS is targeted to be rolled out to 1.5 lakh govt. officials across India and will have provisions for further scaling up to 800,000 government employees across India and abroad.
With more and more industries adopting technology-aided learning as their chosen mode of training and learning delivery, it is clear that e-learning will continue to deliver its sustained impact and radically change the way we learn – in India and all over the world.