Deploying LMS in the Aviation Sector:
Meeting the Ever-changing Compliance Needs of the New-age Workforce
Like other industries, Aviation is another important vertical which requires the more competent and well-trained workforce. Also, it is one of the highly regulated and standardized sectors with ever-changing compliances and guidelines to follow. With technological advancement and increasing complexity of procedures, airline companies are utilizing modern Learning Management Systems (LMSs) for effective training delivery. In today's modern world, the aviation sector faces a plethora of challenges when it comes to meeting the pertinent training needs. From training on regulatory compliances and aircraft operations to crew maintenance and safety, the industry focuses on improving overall workforce competency, knowledge retention, and workplace performance.
Request A Demo
While delivering classroom-based training, the aviation sector faces a plethora of challenges. These include:
- The need to deploy a centralized training platform to cater to the bespoke learning needs of the geographically spread workforce.
- As airline companies want to go paperless, there is an emerging need to use an e-learning platform to allow the workforce to learn at their own pace of time and convenience.
- Another challenge is the migration of large volumes of data including the number of training modules completed, upcoming training sessions, and more.
- The need to deliver training solutions which reduce the overall turnaround time for errors and bug fixes is also a challenge.
Benefits of Modern LMS for Aviation Workforce Training
To address these challenges, airline companies prefer utilizing robust LMSs to train the new-age workforce. Several advantages include:
- Modern LMSs help to support the go green initiative by providing online courses and generating online reports, certificates, refreshers, and more.
- The robust training platforms also support mobile-enabled content delivery across personalized smartphones and tablets, thereby allowing the learners to undergo training anytime and anywhere.
- Modern LMSs support effective e-learning delivery on different topics including soft skills, crew maintenance, operations, IT services, and others through a centralized LMS.
- The modern LMS can be integrated with other systems such as AIMS (Airplane Information Management System) and ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services) to automate data migration and improve the overall efficiency of the system.
By adopting a successful e-learning approach using modern LMS, the airline companies can leverage a gamut of benefits. These include:
- The new-age User Interface (UI) of modern e-learning platforms ensured to cater to the ever-evolving training needs of varied industry verticals.
- The modern LMS improved the overall workplace efficiency as training could reach out to a maximum number of employees in a more convenient way.
- The new-age LMS served as a unified e-learning portal to adequately train employees on regulatory compliances and adopt innovative training strategies for even first-time users.
- Automated generation of online reports, certificates, and tests motivated the workforce to learn more, analyze their performance, and boost overall skills competency.
- Instance feedback and assessments given to the learners reduced the overall scope of errors and bugs.
- With the online mode of training, timely reminders and notifications on mobile devices updated employees on upcoming training programs, training refreshers, and others.
- The Business Intelligence (BI) tool supported the automated generation of compliance reports to keep employees abreast with changing industry policies, norms, and regulations.
- The robust training platform also integrated with other systems to create Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Based on this data, the system automatically assigned the right type of e-learning content to the right learner, thereby ensuring improved levels of learner engagement, knowledge retention, and organizational performance.
Today, some of the leading airline companies deploy modern LMSs to deliver online training for the diversified workforce as per their different locations, learning styles and preferences. G-Cube holds expertise in providing customized LMS solutions to meet the training needs of organizations from various industries. Our proprietary G-Cube LMS supports incredible features including mobile app support, BI tool, assessment engine, skill-gap systems, and more. To know more about our product and services, write to us at [email protected].