With ever-evolving learning needs, the corporate training landscape is also changing at a breakneck pace. Today, content automation, collaborative learning, responsive design, and other technologies are becoming the staples in the e-learning system. With an increasing trend to impart personalized experience, enterprises need to rethink upon utilizing a robust online learning software. In the current scenario, 48% of companies consider their learning and development process, either ineffective or very effective. [Brandon Hall Group’s Learning Technology Report, 2017]. Therefore, the prime goal of organizations is to create a strong business case before investing in a learning management system.
Business Needs and the Training Impact
Learning & Development is shifting from the traditional classroom approach to online experiential learning. Therefore, organizations are deploying modern online learning software to impart performance-driven and ROI-aligned training solutions for all. There is a shift in the way training aligns to customized preferences and business goals. Most of the organizations are adopting a personalized learning approach that caters to individual needs, learning styles, trends, and interests.
- Training & Development for corporates is becoming a daunting task as the workforce continues to evolve as the next-generation learners.
- The need to train a globally dispersed workforce with varied learning styles, languages, and culture is also a challenge.
- Learning needs to align well with the training objectives and performance goals to boost overall workforce engagement and retention levels.
- Organizations are also looking to improve their e-learning strategies to meet the diverse needs of targeted audiences.
Modern LMSs are deployed to deliver technology-aided learning solutions. Few benefits include-
- The effective utilization of e learning software ensures custom content delivery, resulting in better engagement, higher training ROI, and overall impact.
- The robust LMS systems help to deliver mobile-enabled courses to provide learning on the go, thereby ensuring enhanced reach and greater accessibility.
- These systems also support advanced features, including KPI-linked learning, automated reporting, tracking, assessments, collaborative learning, analytics, and more.
- The new-age LMSs perfectly align learning to diverse training goals- onboarding, compliance, sales enablement, soft skills, and so on. The modern online training software drives engagement through simulation-based learning, gamification, social learning, along with the ability to train the extended workforce network. Several organizations are adopting these technologies other than an LMS to measure training impact.
Figure 1: Percentage of organizations using technologies other than LMS
[Source: http://go.brandonhall.com/l/8262/2017-06-05/73hbxx]So, to improve the overall effectiveness of training, organizations need to create a strong business case while using new-age training management software. The steps to develop a business case include:
- Select a champion
Businesses face a challenge while quantifying the value of investing in modern LMS. So, organizations need to select a leader outside the L&D team who can champion the initiative to invest in e learning software.
- Identify the needs
Companies must identify pertinent learning needs before investing in a learning management platform. So, it is essential to identify the must-haves of an LMS, including system usability, compliance, responsiveness, technical requirements, and more. As a result, this helps to align the right kind of learning to the right business need, size, and demography.
- Measure the impact
Online learning software supports KPI-linked and experience-driven learning solutions to measure the overall effectiveness of training. As the LMS seamlessly integrates with other systems such as HRMS, CRM, learning is aligned as per performance metrics, and varied learner attributes- job roles, KRAs, learning habits, trends, and more.
- Start communication
An effective collaboration strategy helps to understand the need for LMS with other stakeholders and business leaders. This communication drives engagement, knowledge retention, and boosts business efficiency through training.
Ultimately, it is significant to focus on the business need if you want to implement a powerful technology-aided platform. To streamline the entire training process, you can choose G-Cube LMS for your corporate learning program. The proprietary LMS supports advanced features that save training costs, improve learning efficiency, boost performance levels, overall impact. To know more, write to in**@gc**********.net.
Tags: online learning software, e learning software