In today’s current scenario, L&D teams are adopting innovative learning solutions to cater to the personalized needs of all. So, it is essential to deliver effective e-learning to drive engagement and retention. Elearning games are gaining popularity as the new way of engaged learning for modern corporates. It aids trainers and educators to engage and encourage participants to access courses, retain for long, and break up the pace of the day. When online courses are gamified, the overall program helps learners to progress through levels, earn badges, unlock rewards, and stay competitive.
When online courses incorporate short games, the overall experience gives a sense of progress while being engaging and immersive.
- Game-based eLearning suits various profiles– both mid-level and high-level executives. So, if a game comprises of multiple challenges, then learners feel competitive to stay ahead. Players can also compare their scores on the leaderboard to motivate learners to access more courses and perform better.
- Different interactivities designed using Flash are used to engage and encourage learners. A series of games are created over a period to deliver continuous learning- improving knowledge retention and engagement. You can use different kinds of tools which help to design simple yet exciting games such as crosswords, word building, and others.
- Short quizzes on different topics are included with training content where learners face challenges at different levels. These add some sense of competition as well as hone learners’ skills to engage and recall. You can also design serious games using a short video chunk to provide knowledge before the beginning of the game. As a result, this helps participants to perform well in the game and seek relevant experience.
- Organizations also utilize robust e learning platform within a classroom environment. Employees who do not open up in a classroom might interact efficiently in a competitive scenario like a game. As learners participate as teams, games develop some sense of collaboration between the peers. Thus, game-based learning helps employees to learn better and smarter in comparison to any other group-based activity.
- Elearning games also provide instant feedback as employees reach next levels and learn from the experience. Assimilation is fast, and the knowledge gained can also be applied in real-life workplace scenarios effectively.
- Games serve as a viable option for the most reluctant workforce. When employees see their peers performing and getting appreciation, they also feel motivated. Consequently, they also participate with keen interest to earn reward points, gain recognition, and perform well at the workplace. Therefore, reluctant learners prefer a game-based approach rather than instructor-led sessions or self-paced training.
In a nutshell, game-based learning for corporate training is an excellent proposition to boost engagement, retention, and organizational performance. So, eLearning games not only add the fun element, but also aids learners to engage more, retain for long, compete with their peers, and perform better. Employees who lack engagement or get distracted easily need an extra nudge. Therefore, game-based learning incentivizes learners to actively participate, collaborate with experts, and achieve corporate goals. Though there are no tangible rewards, learners adopt a game-based approach to unlock rewards, earn badges, and advance up on the leaderboard.