Most corporate organizations need a system of training delivery that would make learning courses accessible to learners and track their progress on a continual basis. Online training software deliver many types of learning material and conduct other administrative efforts for training– including e-courses, scheduling classroom training or blended learning, populating useful and regular reports as well as assessing learners to chart their future learning paths. Thus when choosing online training software, it is important to keep some crucial points in mind – to get the maximum ROI and deliver impactful learning.
- With online training software, learners should be able to navigate the learning platform well and find pertinent learning material quickly and efficiently. If the structure and navigation itself is something that the learners need to learn their way into – it is a great deterrent to learning on the whole.
- Also it is important to make sure that the training software has features that support the learning objectives and the learners are able to utilize all of them to the fullest. Extra functionalities complicate the software, and the complexity scares most learners. This too can be a deterrent for learning.
- The choice of e-learning software should be such that the organizational Learning Management System is able to comply and get integrated with existing systems. For instance, most modern LMS can integrate with HRMS and other software that the organization has already put up in place to track learners efficiently and align their learning with other activities in the organization.
- The online training software should also provide learning in a way that is seamless. Catalogue structure makes sure that content is easily found. Also if it is made searchable, learners can easily find relevant courses and other training material as and when they need.
- Comments and suggestions by the learners should also be duly recorded by the online training software. L&D managers can generate collated reports of learner’s comments and suggestion and keep aligning the content as per their needs. With Rapid Authoring Tools, numerous sample templates, integration of media elements like audio-visuals, animations and so on, L&D managers can create content as per changing learners needs.
- Online training software should also make trainings available on mobile devices as the modern learner spends a considerable time on mobile devices. Mobile learning increases the accessibility of e-courses and also addresses the just-in-time needs of the learner.
By following the above suggestions, you will be able to invest in online training software that ensures impactful learning as well as learner satisfaction. The true benefit of training will thus be permeated to the entire organization.