Today, a number of organizations are shifting towards Learning Management Software (LMS) that provides a better adaptive platform for efficient learning. The prime aim is to enable organizational workforce to learn at their own pace, as per their convenience of time and location. Adaptive e-learning approach helps to collect relevant data from the user via effective learning strategy. It acknowledges that people with diverse goals, strengths, gaps and preferences want to access online learning platforms. It is a transformation from ‘one-size-fits-all’ to customized learning, where data is collected and technology is used to provide tailored learning experiences.
Adaptive learning leverages the benefits of mobile devices including tablets, laptops and smart phones to engage learners via an interactive platform aligned to their needs. The key to make personalized learning work is adapting digital environment that perfectly suits individual learning needs.
Features of Adaptive Learning
By giving learners what they expect, adaptive learning offers learning experiences that are highly effective and provide huge ROI. Courses delivered in the form of video and audio formats are easier to understand, thereby engaging more learners. Let us explore more features of adaptive learning which makes it different from the conventional learning approach:
- Dynamic: Learners have different selections as per their learning styles, needs & preferences, which is adapted by LMS to deliver engaging learning experiences.
- Collaboration: An adaptive learning system can improve collaboration with the trainer as well as among peers by introducing a social component into coursework. Information can be shared via chats, forums and discussions, thus boosting learner engagement.
- Videos: Courses via LMS can be played in the form of audios or videos via YouTube. For instance, if an employee gains the highest score in sales training module, then adaptive learning can help him access courses that are associated with sales personnel training.
- Timely feedbacks: Learners are expected to focus more if feedback is immediate. Adaptive learning helps delivering instant feedbacks to individuals, with results conductive to risk-taking, rapid learning and development.
- Gamified learning: With ample opportunities for learners to demonstrate expertise, gamification can be deployed as an efficient adaptive learning strategy. Rewards and badges kindle motivation and drive learners to achieve more. Coupling feedbacks with formative assessments improve employee retention rate, along with adding a fun element to it.
- Addressing individual needs: A major challenge for educators today is the increasing diverse needs of learners. Some face an issue with language of e-courseware or user interface; others may have difficulty with learning focus. Adaptive learning enables learners to cater to diversified needs while gaining insight into the entire learning process.
How Does Adaptive Learning Suits New-Age Learners?
With digitization, adaptive learning approach is widely adopted by tech-savvy organizations for corporate training. Let us discuss some of the reasons:
Tailored learning approach
Most of the organizations use the web for a personalized learning experience. Tailored content delivery is becoming the latest trend by providing ample opportunities to extend this trend to online learning.
Learning on the go
In today’s modern learning environment, it is hardly expected from a group of employees to access training programs at the same time and place. Also, different learners have different learning requirements. When adaptive learning makes the best use of mobile technology, organizational workforce can access training anywhere and anytime to address their immediate goals.
With its modular structure, adaptive system supports a plethora of presentation styles within one course, including audios, videos, animations, listicles and short podcasts. Modern learners expect curated learning experiences with delivery of bite-sized content, ensuring interactive learning experiences.
By catering to the diverse needs of learners, LMS offers more efficient and effective learning experiences. Rather than accessing all the content, adaptive learning provides information which is needed. With its reliance on latest technology and data-centric approach, the scope of adaptive learning is exponentially growing. It is developing as per the radical changes occurring at workplaces and corporate learning environments. Therefore, adaptive learning is successful when optimized for how you work and what you learn.
As companies from different industry verticals are challenged to offer continuous development which is influential, tailored and just-in-time. Pushing out the same information to all employees is no more considered a profitable business. This is where adaptive learning comes into place as an effective approach to keep pace with the dynamics.
Suggested Further Reading: http://www.learningseat.com.au/AdaptiveLearningWhitepaper.pdf