Enterprise Learning Management System has evolved considerably since its inception. Today, an LMS can be viewed as a holistic, end-to-end software solution that allows an employer to manage content, administer knowledge and skill-based online training, measure learning, store and update data and personalize communication with and amongst employees.
What is an Enterprise LMS and its Essential Benefits?An enterprise LMS software delivers online training courses and other learning content to employees. It enables an organization to create a customized, intuitive, engaging, and personalized employee development program. Training programs like compliance, new product, sales, and channel training can be administered, providing better adoption, employee engagement, and knowledge retention. Additionally, an LMS can also be implemented to test current skill levels, analyze the skill- gaps, and determine what training is mandatory for a specific employee. It has five essential benefits as mentioned below–
- Personalized User Experience – Experience-led enterprise Learning Management Software can effectively curate relevant content and assign it to targeted audience, with reference to their training needs, job roles, and responsibilities. Incorporation of short video nuggets, mini-games, and interactive simulation-based training content can boost the overall learning experience of an employee. This results in improved skills and knowledge competency with the delivery of highly impactful and custom training content, which is truly learner-centric in its nature.
- Performance Tracking – Corporate managers can identify skills-gaps of employees based on their Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Based on these gathered KPI data, online Enterprise LMSs deliver training content that seamlessly aligns to their personalized and updated training needs. The outcome is – a detailed performance metric analysis of employees, bridging of skills-gaps, directing ROI-aligned learning solutions, and an increase in employee productivity.
- Boost Employee Motivation and Confidence – One of the most highlighted features of a robust Enterprise LMS is Gamification. As a tool, it can deliver impactful employee training and increase confidence and motivation within them to carry out their job roles effectively. Let us take specific features to understand how it works. For example – Badges are the equivalent of real-world medals and similar distinctions. Every sales employee who has achieved a learning milestone and is progressing ahead in training modules is awarded a distinction badge for successful corporate training and learning. Similarly, Leaderboards in gamification can add to the competitive spirit by making each learner’s achievements (with reference to other gamification elements like badges, reward points) visible to other learners. This creates a sense of healthy competition and gives the individual employee a sense of how they are performing as compared to their colleagues.
- Ease Of Use And Cost-Effective – LMS is an interactive device-based and web-based application that is compatible with an array of mobile devices (both online and offline mode), tablets, laptops, etc., most suitable for ‘on-the-go’ learners. This essentially means that content or learning modules can be accessed from anywhere and at any time, making it high on accessibility. Training content can be delivered virtually, as per the needs of the organization. Learners also have easy access to notification dashboards, where they are kept updated about relevant information, on a continuous basis. This not only enhances the employee’s learning experience but is also an effective way to improve inter-organizational communication. The best part – since everything is delivered online, it saves the cost of organizing the training session (physical set-up), content creation, and, most importantly, the logistics of it. In short, big savings for the company.
- Social Collaboration – Tools enabling collaboration help employees in a variety of ways such as posting queries on forums, sharing ideas with peers, and participating in surveys etc. Being compatible with an array of mobile devices (both online and offline mode), tablets, laptops, etc., it is your ‘one-stop-solution’ to get access to domain-relevant content on your fingertip.