Using an extended workforce is considered important in achieving two competitive capabilities: access to specialized skills and agility to adapt to changing market needs. Many organizations rely on external partners to deliver an exceptional customer experience and quality-driven outputs. To ensure the optimal performance of this pool of extended enterprise, it is essential to provide tailored e-learning training programs to them. It helps the companies boost their productivity and remain on top of current market trends. Consequently, it increases their flexibility to adapt as per the desired business goals.
Getting the Most Out of Your Extended Enterprise
With the increasing popularity of e-learning in multiple domains, organizations have also increased the use of technology-aided Learning Management Systems (LMSs). E-learning training is not only beneficial for internal employees, but also for the learners working outside the organization. It acts as a powerful tool to help an organization increase profits, attain success, and take the business to the next level.
Why Train the Extended Workforce
Extended e-learning programs are organized for those who work outside the organization. The extended workforce can prove to be the face of the organization and includes Franchisees and Affiliates, Direct Selling Agents, Vendors, or any other Partner Organizations. There are many reasons why e-learning training is beneficial for the extended workforce. Here are a few of them:
- To ensure the extended workforce is compliant: Industries such as healthcare and Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) need to meet training compliance. So, it is important for employees as well as partners to gain knowledge via e-learning programs and be on the same platform.
- To motivate the external workforce: External partners also require a lot of motivation to acquire new skills and become imaginative and innovative.
- To bridge cultural differences: Sometimes, cultural differences lead to miscommunication between the organization and external partners. You can deliver e-learning training to the extended workforce at anytime and anywhere, bridging the gap between the two.
Key Features of an Extended Workforce LMS
It is the time to move above and beyond the traditional learning systems and reshape the learning and development initiatives. With the help of e-learning training programs, you can bring company employees as well as external partners to the same level. When you see this talent supporting your organizational success, the outputs can vary from improved recruitment to increased branding. The LMS for the extended workforce highly impacts business growth with the right use of quality content and technology.
Some of the features of the extended enterprise LMS are:
- It is incorporated with software such as Sales Management software, Human Resources Information System (HRIS), and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) to collect information and make fruitful decisions.
- It enables learners to manage live training sessions, schedule events, track attendance, and attend virtual training with WebEx integration.
- It cuts down the long-term costs of noncompliance by conducting regular compliance training sessions for both internal and external workers.
- It provides timely assessments, performance appraisals, career goals, and talent reporting.
The training content is associated with Key Performance Indicators (KPI). The content uploaded on the LMS is then linked with KPIs, which ensures faster delivery of quality, proven training content.
The administration of an LMS for an extended enterprise is quite simple. Self-registration is preferred over administrator-supported management.
The extended workforce LMS has a plethora of benefits, helping in expanding the reach of your business. Training all the employees as well as the extended enterprise is quite a complicated task. But, by following the right type of learning strategy, it is easier to control your budget, increase profits, and attain utmost customer satisfaction.
The above was a glimpse of the many facets of extended enterprise LMS. To know more, click here to download the white paper for free.