Today, business is changing faster than ever. Changing customer demands, a tight labor market and increasing impact of e-business is enabling companies to revamp their products and services. E-learning has evolved as the most significant tool to address these business challenges. Training a workforce spread across different geographical locations poses a daunting challenge on several aspects including coordinating and maintaining a comprehensive learning experience for learners. Hence, the use of effective employee training software for corporate training has become very common.
A Learning Management Software is used to serve different applications from the administration and documentation to the tracking and reporting of training sessions, learning content and online events. Earlier, the software was employed for effective distribution of training content with less flexibility, thereby lessening its value and limiting its adoption in organizations. So, the key to training success in today’s era would be the adoption of an LMS which supports dynamic learning with learners’ collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Transforming Learning Experience with Effective LMS Solutions
In today’s world, there is a lot of information around everyone. The only thing we need to do is have some means to access and use it. In this age, new-age learners grasp information quickly: they write blogs and share their learning experience with others to develop a social-enabled learning environment. This enables the movement from a static traditional learning approach to a more dynamic and collaborative approach where both trainers and learners contribute and share their knowledge.
Social Learning at a Glance
With the spread of social networking platforms and websites such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, there has been a tremendous increase in demand for similar tools to help people develop strong connections. Since it is likely that learners have incorporated social networks into the way they think and learn, LMS must evolve from systems that automate the overall training experience. As there is a social component with learning, the next generation training software should be collaborative enough to foster in-depth understanding and informal learning. This is facilitated by designing social networking modules where tools like blogs and wikis help to enhance learning experience by allowing participants to share knowledge, raise queries and overall knowledge level:
• Learners attend training sessions or learn from LMS content and eloquent their ideas and thoughts in innovative through interactive blogs and presentations which are viewed by others, allowing them to review and comment.
• Users access Twitter to collect valuable information as well as follow experts from different domains.
• Scheduler with rich color-coded views of online training programs, quizzes and assignments which are easy to share.
• YouTube is another platform where users access videos posted by domain specialists.
• RSS feeds are used to provide relevant content, without any need to browse multiple sites on the web.
• Broadcasts feature helps to share audio/video content about reflections on the learning and spreading it on the entire network.
• Social learning experience can be enhanced by integrating game-based approach which helps to improve learners’ engagement, by providing rich graphics of learning, scoreboards and awarding learners with certificates and badges.
In addition, with more number of employees working at distant locations, there has been an immense rise in the need to deliver training content via mobile devices. With mobile learning, learners can access information on their mobile phones and laptops, seek experts’ advice, download content and find answers to their queries on the go.
Today, e-learning is gaining vast popularity as a medium to deliver content to distant learners. Most of the organizations are striving to find the right combination of learners and educators to manage their training programs. Through training, the morale of learners’, workplace productivity and service quality is improved. Online training programs can become more creative with the use of advanced technology and self-catering programs in which learners learn at their own pace. Training software has become the key factor to reshaping the future of corporate training in varied kinds of industries.