In today’s fast-paced world, all the companies are engaged in training their employees on changing products and new in-house procedures To take advantage of these changes, the organizations have to make sure that their teams have the knowledge about the products, services, and processes on their fingertips. The constraints of time and space should be kept in mind during the process of creating and implementing product and process training. Additionally, employees need to be supported through various organizational changes. Also, these training programs must be coordinated with the various departments in the organization, such as production, marketing and sales, etc. But the participation of the various departments in the process makes it a huge challenge to ensure proper training of each and every personnel of the organization.
Due to the constraint of time and space, e-learning programs can be an effective way for products and process training in modern-day organizations. During the development of newer products, e-courses can be developed and made available for the employees. Likewise, new procedures can be demonstrated through various innovative eLearning courses. Games and simulations can be used to make the e-courses more interesting. This will ensure that the learners are engaged with the training programs and can acquire the knowledge being provided. By refreshing the concept of traditional training programs, the eLearning programs can not only ensure better participation from the employees but also deliver better results.
The profound and continuously evolving products and processes functioning around the organization make it difficult to keep the employees updated and confident about the new changes.
- Section down the products: There are several products and processes in the organization’s structure that the different learner groups need to learn about, but they only need to learn about the products and processes that are required in their field and not all of them.
- Product Training updates: The training programs need to be developed and updated regularly with regards to the new changes and the additions in the product line or service portfolio. Because training the employees in outdated concepts is a waste of time and resources.
- Process Training needs to be updated: Similarly, process training must be developed with the introduction of the new processes and required changes should be made with time to maintain lucidity and relevance of those processes.
- Coordination with SMEs: Most of these courses are technical in nature. As such, it is required on the part of the developers to work with multiple SMEs to create a single training course. This coordination affects the time schedule, which in turn is detrimental for the organization.
- Different strategies for different employees: Different employees require training to utilize the knowledge for different purposes. These training programs cannot be created on a one-size-fits-all policy. This necessitates the requirement of customized training programs.
- Regular variations with time: These training programs need to be created on a continuous basis. But, the content should not be monotonous, which results in a dip in learners interests levels.
GCube has immense experience in creating product and process training programs for variousindustries. Some of our solutions for the product/process training are:
- Core product training: These include the informative as well as the technical courses that focus on providing the details of products and services of an organization.
- Core process training: These comprise of the informative and technical courses that demonstrate processes for different audiences.
- Process simulations: These are simulation-based courses which ‘show’ rather than just impart information on processes.
- Product simulations: These are the simulations that present the functioning of the products via virtual simulation.
- Product Selling courses: These are the courses that provide important information about the products and share selling tips.
- Courses for Entire Product Line: For organizations with a long product line, courses can be created in separate modules for each product. New modules being added with each new product.
Our Products and Process training programs are created keeping different learner groups in mind hence some are extensive and some are simplistic. However, we make sure to adopt learning strategies to make them impactful. Our experience in this domain includes-
- Course on Stocking Software: We have developed a course on new stocking software for a leading Pharmaceutical Company.
- Course on Delivery and Program Management: Another course was created for a leading healthcare institution on handling supply management.
- Process simulations: Course created for a Utilities company to efficiently handle product management through improved processes.
- Product simulations: We have created a flash-based course for a Healthcare Company to explain working of a new software product.
- Course on Stock Assessment: For an Automobiles Company, a course was created to help employees assess stock better at the dealer’s end.
- Course on IT software: For an IT firm we developed a course for enterprise wide implementation on new software.