Shareable Content Object Reference Model or SCORM is considered as the gold standard for developing online learning courses. As a process of delivering training content via LMS, the SCORM compliance sets various rules for moving between multiple units. For instance, you can make employees access text-based content first and then deliver a 3-5 minutes short video. So, this not only saves time, but also improves learners’ performance, boost knowledge retention, and increase workplace productivity. Today, SCORM is considered as the most effective standard to create and deliver engaging training content. So, SCORM LMS systems serve as a perfect framework to develop and repurpose e-learning content.
The most popular LMS systems are SCORM 1.2 compliant, which creates e-courses to cater to the pertinent training needs and business requirements. Top benefits of SCORM LMS include the following:
- The successful deployment of SCORM compliant LMSs results in cutting development costs by 80% along with saving time and improving the quality of training courses.
- Another significant advantage of SCORM compliant LMS is interoperability. So, if you create e-learning content for different clients, then they may ask to integrate courses with the LMS. Also, if you deploy an LMS, then clients may want to import content from multiple sources. SCORM is the de facto standard for interoperability, which allows the seamless integration of e-learning courses with the LMS, thereby improving training efficiency and overall outcomes.
- The robust LMS is compatible with different authoring tools such as Captivate, Lectora, Composica, and others to ensure the effective development of e-learning courses.
- SCORM LMS helps to repurpose existing training content, which leads to reducing overall time, cost, and effort associated with creating new courses. Consequently, organizations align the right kind of e-learning content that suits the varied training needs of targeted audiences.
- The robust e-learning system also provides custom training content across personalized mobile devices to enable learning anytime, anywhere, and even on the go.
- SCORM defines an effective way to utilize corporate LMS for automatically tracking learner progress, evaluating training scores, and analyzing time spent on specific modules.
- SCORM LMS systems also support features such as flexibility and adaptability to develop training content that suits pertinent goals. As a result, learners can access the right kind of content that aligns to their personalized training goals, be it compliance, sales enablement, onboarding, and others.
Apart from SCORM LMS systems, organizations also utilize other e-learning systems that are compliant to Tin Can, GDPR, Section 508, and others. While GDPR compliance ensures the security of personal data, Tin Can compliant LMS is utilized for extended training workforce, especially dealers and sales professionals. Furthermore, Section 508 compliance is useful for visually impaired or disabled in the industries such as Finance, Healthcare, and others.
Training courses serve as an essential part of any corporate LMS, and it keeps on changing with evolving needs. So, it is crucial to choose SCORM LMS or other industry compliant learning systems, which provide the flexibility to learn with ease, engage maximum learners, boost workplace productivity, and facilitate the training process. If you want to implement a powerful SCORM compliant e-learning system for your organization, then G-Cube LMS can serve as a viable choice. The proprietary LMS is compliant with the leading e-learning standards that help to meet the ever-evolving needs of modern corporates. To know more about G-Cube LMS, its features, and benefits, request a free demo here.