The hospitality industry has evolved significantly over the last few decades. In modern times, the success of a hospitality business depends on the competence of the personnel. The expectations of customers are high, and these expectations can only be met by raising the level of service. Therefore, employees must always be on the top of their game to ensure the survival of any hospitality establishment. This necessitates the requirement of staff training in the hospitality industry. Training helps the personnel in multiple ways to enhance the productivity by developing professional knowledge, valid thoughts, and valuable skills. By educating the employees regarding the importance of their jobs and equipping them with vital knowledge, training plays a pivotal role in motivating the employees. This is the reason that successful hotel chains have staff training as an essential development strategy.
Hospitality industry training programs comprise of a diverse range of learning events such as certificate programs, apprenticeship training, process training, and several others. Most of the training is done on an on-the-job basis, which is not only a time-consuming task but also requires experienced employees to work as trainers, thereby, affecting their productivity. It takes employees a lot of time to hone their skills and achieve perfection, thereby, reducing their productivity as well. The answer to this persistent problem depends on the adoption of better ways of learning, such as simulation-based activities wherein employees are provided with a quicker and more efficient way of learning. This allows them to make mistakes without actually affecting the real operations and then learn from those mistakes with the help of thorough practicing.
Hospitality industry establishments require the employees to be always alert in order to deliver excellent customer experience at all times. Ensuring this on a daily basis is a big challenge. This necessitates constant endeavours to improve the service quality and comply with the applicable standards.
- Competition: Low entry barriers make the hospitality industry extremely competitive. A critical differentiator in the industry is service quality. Thus is is imperative that employees must be trained and motivated to offer their best services.
- Soft skills: Soft skills of the employees play a crucial role in ensuring the growth of the organization. But in present times, developing these skills is not easy without training.
- Employee Engagement: The workforce in the hospitality industry is extremely exhausted due to the work pressure. Thus it is imperative that training courses are interesting and engaging, even if they are information intensive.
- Cultural Sensitivity: Hospitality industry establishments cater to guests from different countries and cultures. They need to be adequately trained to understand the cultural nuances of different geographical locations.
- Normal Operations: When the establishment is slammed with work, it becomes difficult to remove the employees from their work and gather for the training purpose.
- High Attrition: With new competitors regularly entering the markets, the attrition rates for the hospitality industry are extremely high. This poses a great challenge as new recruits must then be trained all over again.
At GCube, we offer customised courses according to the needs of the hospitality industry, making the learning experience fun and enjoyable.
- Culture Awareness: In order to ensure that the employees can cater to the guests while conforming to their cultural and geographical sensitivities, we have created excellent courses for inculcating the required skills.
- Guest Handling: In our Guest handling Training Program, we touch upon sensitive matters like responsible alcohol service. This helps with a change in behaviour instead of attitude.
- Food Handling: This is an important part of the hospitality industry. We offer a wide range of courses for this requirement, including management of emergencies, and Food and Safety Compliances.
- Software Training: We have created experiential application training programs for your employees, to help them get accustomed to the latest software and processes to improve upon their service quality.
- House Keeping: The dreary subjects of housekeeping and hygiene are made interesting and useful with the help of innovative courses.
- On-boarding program: In order to ensure that new employees are able to connect with the brand and align with its image, we offer excellent brand orientation programs.
At GCube, we are revolutionising hospitality industry training programs with our innovative approach. In future, we desire to introduce more training programs to enhance the efficiency and efficacy of your employees.